Name: Ethyl cinnamate
CAS No.: 103-36-6
Molecular Weight: 176.21
Melting point:: 6-8 °C
Boiling point: 271.5 °C
Density: 1.1±0.1 g/cm3
Flash point: >230 °F
Refractive index: (20°C) 1.5598
Molar volume: （m3/mol）166.9
Appearance: colorless to yellow liquid
Package specification: 200kgs/ plastic drum
Storage: store in a cool, dry, ventilated area away from sources of heat or ignition.
1. Gb 2760-96 provides it as food spices allowable for temporary use. It is mainly used for the preparation of strawberry, raspberry and plum, cherry and other type of flavor. Owing to the high boiling point and stability, it is appropriate to be used for baked goods.
2. It is an important kind of fragrance and spices intermediates. It can also be used as the intermediates of medicine and food additives.
3. It can be used for the perfume industry.
4. It is suitable to be applied to the roses, daffodils, ambergris-amber, citrus incense, fern, chypre, cologne, re-oriental and woody-incense and other flavor. It can be used to coordinate the other ointment in the soap, toiletries water and powder flavor and also has incense fixative effect. It can also be used as flavoring agent to be applied to flavor such as cherry, grape, strawberry, raspberry, peach, plum, cinnamon, spicy and vanilla bean.
5. It can be used as the incense fixative agent and modification agents for fragrance. It can also be applied to glass prism.
6. This product exists in the natural storax with a fruit-like aroma and the atmosphere being clear and sweet with oriental fragrance. It has excellent effect when being used in combination with the natural fruit essential oils with the effect being better for fragrance, perfume and flavor. It can also be used in edible waxberry essence.